FIRST, WHY THE NEED FOR A CONTROL PANEL?
Getting a domain name is one of the first steps in hosting your website & applications.
Once you sign up for a web hosting account, the web hosting provider will also provide the web space.
But you still need a way to place your website files on the server.
Or to present the service or the information you provide to your visitors.
In the past, this requires extensive sysadmin knowledge.
This includes the ability to control server services via the command-line (CLI).
But for most system admins and those without such level of server administration skills.
A web hosting control panel makes this easier and cPanel is the best.
It makes Linux server management, website, and application hosting much easier.
cPanel is secure, well-maintained, and has undergone rigorous testing.
What is cPanel & WHM?
cPanel & WHM® is a Linux OS web hosting automation platform that helps:
- developers & IT teams
- small/medium businesses
- web hosting providers
- and business leaders
- manage every aspect of their business, website & servers.
- simplify website creation & management in the cloud
- automate every server management task in the cloud
For business leaders, cPanel gives you the ability to:
- grow your business no matter the stage of your online journey
- unleash your team to do more no matter what their experience is
- make your infrastructure more manageable
- and save you tons of money
cPanel is designed in a way to help you find the tools you need (and any help you may need) fast and easy.
The ToolsPage lists cPanel’s applications and grouped them into categories.
You can click on and drag these groups to arrange them in any order.
On the right sidebar, the General Information and Statistics panels display website and server information at a glance.
The Solutions Page is created with first-time cPanel users in mind.
The Solution panel is designed to guide you on how to use cPanel effectively and efficiently.
Experienced users may also find this page to be a valuable source of information.
cPanel for Developers & IT Teams
If you are a developer or part of an IT team, you can with a click of a button:
- create websites and domains for your customers
- launch and manage email networks
- manage and store web files
- choose from the most popular site builders to launch customer's web presences
- give customers the resources to build and track their own websites from the ground up
- give customers the ability to backup, transfer & manage files
- give customers the ability to create new email accounts
- give customers the ability to create shared calendars
- provide customers with various levels of spam & virus protection
- offer your tech-savvy site owners the power to manage their network of domains
- give them the ability to create domain aliases, add or remove subdomains
- give them the ability to manage DNS zones and direct site visitors around any of web properties.
- provide customers with the ability to design custom databases using MySQL/PostgreSQL
- manage such databases with phpMyAdminor phpPgAdmin
cPanel for Server Administrators
The server administration panel of cPanel is known as WHM (Web Host Manager).
WHM is an interface tailor-made for you to get the most out of your virtual & dedicated machines.
With it, you can:
- create cPanel accounts & custom hosting packages
- select the services you want to provide
- create pricing tiers and scale when needed
- stop and suspend accounts
- transfer cPanel accounts from remote servers with no hassle
- customize and brand the interface to fit your service
- view, analyze, & diagnose server stats
- deploy SSL/TLS certificates to sites across your server network
- secure your system at various levels using Imunify360, cPHulk, ModSecurity, etc
- whitelist or blacklist IPs with Host Access Control
- offer multi-factor authentication to customers
- support applications using Apache, NGINX, PHP, MySQL, PostgresSQL, Perl, and PowerDNS(DNS)
- create a premium hosting experience with add-on solutions & plugins
cPanel supports virtual & dedicated environments.
cPanel Add-Ons & Plugins
CloudLinux OS is a Linux operating system that optimizes server performance.
- provide a more stable, secure environment for your shared hosting environment
- ensures that spikes in resource usage won’t take down the entire server
- isolates each tenant and give them allocated server resources (CPU, memory, IO, IOPS, etc)
- virtualize users’ file systems with CageFS to prevent sensitive information disclosure
- prevents all known symbolic link attacks and trace exploits
- secure PHP unsupported versions and patches all PHP vulnerabilities
- give your customers the flexibility to choose the PHP version they need: 4.4, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, and 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3. 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and etc.
- provides deep-look performance analytics, and centralized monitoring tools
- have in-built website monitoring, performance detection, and performance optimization tools
Kernelcare & TuxCare
Enterprise environments needs to be able to:
- patch vulnerabilities super-fast
- ensure that all production Linux systems are updated with the latest fixes
- keep all applications updated
With Kernelcare, you will get:
- live patching services for Linux kernels, libraries, databases with zero downtime
- live patching for MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL
- live patching for Linux kernels on ARM 64 & IoT devices
- fast release of patches for new vulnerabilities
- protection from the common risks of running an end-of-life distros
- out-of-the-box integration with automation tools & vulnerability scanners
cPanel + LiteSpeed
Need to boost & optimize a cPanel server further?
Pair LiteSpeedwith cPanel you get even better performance and awesome speed.
With a one-line command, cPanel:
- detects the environment (cPanel & WHM)
- downloads the required dependencies
- installs Litespeed
- switch from Apache to LiteSpeed
- configures, and sync domains to work
- can streamline event-driven architecture
- can handle thousands of concurrent clients with minimal memory consumption & CPU usage
- can read Apache configuration files directly
- is compatible with the Apache .htaccess and mod_security rules
- eliminate the need for an HTTPS reverse proxy or 3rd party caching layers
- has in-built support for HTTP/2, QUIC, HTTP/3
- supports LVE, CageFS, PHP/Ruby/Python Selector
- supports Ruby, Python, and NodeJSapps
- has a 1-click cache acceleration for WordPress websites
Business continuity depends on the efficient, uninterrupted flow of data.
A business enterprise needs a reliable backup and restores strategy to mitigate disasters.
But designing and deploying a good backup solution is more complicated than before.
Enter JetBackup, a smart, scalable, and secure cPanel backup solution that:
- support local volumes
- support SSH (using rsync)
- support S3 compatible destinations ( Amazon S3, Digital Ocean Spaces, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Storage, Oracle Cloud, Scaleway Elements, Wasabi, etc)
- support encrypted backups (GDPR mode)
- provide 1-click Disaster Recovery
- sends notification via Google Hangouts, Slack, Telegram, or Syslog
- and RESTful API and more.
With JetBackup, you can:
- give customers a self-service backup and restore functionality
- reduce support tickets and increase customer satisfaction
- create backup jobs with custom schedules and filters
- run custom scripts before and/or after backup and restore jobs
cPanel provides immense flexibility to system administrators & website owners.
These benefits need to be paired with adequate security.
There are native tools to identify potential vulnerabilities and rank them by severity.
But ensuring complete security as much as possible is critical.The easiest way to do that is with Imunify360.
Imunify360 is a sophisticated, comprehensive security suite for Linux web servers.
- protects servers & websites in it with proactive real-time website protection
- prevents all system services attacks against WordPress, FTP, SSH, IMAP/SMTP, etc
- detects and blocks malicious execution flow in runtime
Imunify360 does this with:
- an intelligent smart detection system
- a Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity)
- a self-learning Network Firewall
- an Intrusion Detection and Prevention System
- a real-time antivirus protection
- an in-built Patch Management components
- a Centralized Dashboard to check/manage your server security
- a Domain Reputation Management
- an advanced Captcha system
- an automatic Malware Scanner & Removal
- Port-Scanning Protection
WordPress has become one of the internet most-loved content management systems.
cPanel makes managing thousands of WordPress websites easier with a click of a button & at no risk to your live websites.
With feature-rich WordPress management called WordPress Toolkit, you can:
- install, configure, and manage WordPress websites
- install custom plugins and themes
- activate, deactivate, manage, or delete plugins and themes
- test updates for themes, plugins, languages
- clone: easily create a 1:1 clone of a website on a new subdomain, domain, or in a subfolder with a new database.
- harden security: instantly apply multiple security recommendations to WordPress instance(s)
- smart updates: create a staging website with a fresh database and temporary credentials to test updates for WordPress core, plugins, themes, and languages before applying them to the live website.
- and tons of other great features.
Check out our WordPress Content Management System hosting packages at https://dashboard.webhostingmagic.com/store/install-cms-wordpress
WHMCS + cPanel
For most I.T companies, the ability to automate things tends to be of extreme importance.
In fact, it is the core difference between a successful business and one that is surviving.
cPanel via a platform called WHMCSstreamlines automates & simplifies all aspects of:
- integration with domain registrars
- domain registration, transfers & management
- synchronization with cPanel web hosting servers
- hosted accounts creation, suspension, modification, and termination
- hosted accounts upgrades
- hosted accounts suspension, modification, and termination
- customer support ticketing system
- intelligent knowledgebase system
- invoicing, taxation & payments
- integration with all major payment gateways
Each of these capabilities can extended via third-party modules, hooks and APIs.
With WHMCS + cPanel, you get a truly unified web hosting experience.
To get a WHMCS license at a hugely discounted price along with a cPanel Reseller package, please see our WHMCS licenses page.
cPanel + SSL Certificates
When you deploy an application or website, one of the first tasks is to make sure that it is safe for users.
For non-cPanel machines, this often will mean purchasing an SSL/TLC certificate.
Sometimes it means going through Let's Encrypt SSL implementation.cPanel has a feature called AutoSSL.
What is AutoSSL?
AutoSSL is the solution to one of the biggest pain points that exist for system admin and website owners.
With AutoSSL, the process of installing, managing, and renewing an SSL goes away.
Within minutes of creating a website, a domain validated SSL certificate secures it at no extra cost.
More exciting is the fact that the SSL coverage never lapses.
Before the certificate expires, a new SSL is requested and automatically installed.
No more forms to fill out, and no more CSR or certificate to manually copy into place.
To learn more about our SSL/TLS certificates, please visit SSL Certificates page or when logged in to your cPanel & WHM.
What is cPanel SEO?
cPanel SEO was part of the cPanel interface designed to boost your search engine results. As an in-built tool that has access to your web hosting account, cPanel SEO also optimizes the actual content of your website using state-of-the-art keyword, rank tracking, and competitor analysis tools. Simply put, cPanel SEO is the most effective way to get your website found online.
With cPanel SEO, you can:
do keyword research easily: Being able to identify promising keywords, and discover keywords for which you already rank can help you increase the quality of your traffic thus improving your search engine results.
track ranking: You can track your website's overall ranking from any device. From within the console, you can add and monitor any keyword within or outside of cPanel's 53M+ keyword database.
get smart advise: cPanel SEO helps website owners optimize websites with step-by-step directions. It is easy to receive, manage, and solve tasks based on your individual Site Audit results.
optimize website text: Tailor your website content using data-driven content optimization suggestions. It is one way to improve your Google ranking and serve your visitors better.
save while doing effective SEO: You don't have to be an SEO expert to improve your business's Google rankings. As long as you have access to your cPanel, cPanel SEO will identify the best keywords for your business, while also keeping an eye on the performance of your competitors.
To learn more about cPanel SEO, visit Search Engine Optimization page.
How can we help with cPanel?
Cloud computing is a great opportunity for entrepreneurs, small businesses, and start-up companies.
It is actually an opportunity to:
- re-imagine what you’re trying to accomplish
- free yourself to dream big
- remain relevant in the ever-changing market
- gain access to modern enterprise tools on a global scale
- have your own a fast, scalable & secure data center
- and achieve all these without spending a huge sum of money
Our hosting platform is more than the right place to host your websites & applications.
With our cloud-based hosting, you will get:
- a hosting environment that gives you infinite access to computing resources & scalability
- a hosting platform that gives your team the ability & flexibility to test and deploy faster
- a hosting platform that gives you an easy-to-use control panel for everything you want to do in the cloud
- a hosting platform that gives you high-level protection for every part of your business
- a hosting platform that can help your business survive disasters
- a hosting platform that helps you save money
- a hosting platform that gives you the means to deploy to any part of the world in minutes
- a platform that helps your team focus on your business instead of the web hosting that underpins it
- a consistent 99.99% front-end and backend availability
We offer a free migration service to businesses or anyone wishing to migrate to cPanel.
Our English & Japanese Migrations team have successfully migrated thousands of servers to cPanel.
With a 9.7 out of 10 customer service rating, the experience has been for the customers we have served.
Whether it is to provide migration support for the end-of-life operating systems to:
- CentOS 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) 7
- CloudLinux™ 8
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
or design and build a completely new cloud infrastructure for your business, we can handle the process for you.
Get your cPanel up and running in minutes.
Our high-speed web hosting service is designed for the best hosting experience.Every single option you see above is FREE with the shared hosting packages we offer.
If you have a question regarding your options or migration or need a custom cPanel environment built, just send an email to our engineering team.